February 14, 2004
I've been battling a cold all week. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay home and nurse it away, so I worked with a face mask and liberal amounts of antibacterial soap hoping I wouldn't spread the cold to my clients.
Interestingly, just about everybody has ideas of how to lick this malady with homegrown cures:
1) Chicken broth
2) Cold stones to reduce puffiness around eyes then hot stones over the sinuses to encourage drainage
3) Chinese herbal formula called "Cold Away"
4) Alka-Seltzer Plus for Cold and Flu
5) Hot peppers to encourage the sinuses to open and drain
6) 5000 mg of vitamin C per day
7) push fluids (like hot green tea) and avoid any medications to dry out the sinus congestion
I tried many of these remedies and still my cold lingered for the better part of six days. Alas, that's about the time it takes a cold to run its course.
Posted by linda at February 14, 2004 10:08 AM
blog comments powered by Disqus