« CAM Use Among Children | Fingertips Home | Natural Ways To Beat Stress »



April 5, 2005

10 Steps Toward Change

Prevention Magazine has a wonderful article titled 10 Steps To The Body You Want. While it is intended to be a motivational article for losing weight, it is also a guide for implementing important change in our life. It's common sense guide levels with the reader: change is not easy.

Research shows that people trying to make healthy lifestyle changes are more likely to succeed when they have a strong support network.

"Progress, not perfection" means that if you work hard and keep your focus 80% of the time, you're doing great. The other 20% of the time, you get to be human--fallible.

The biggest source of BMW-ing--bitching, moaning, and whining--is refusing to accept that transformation takes mental and physical sweat, intensity, mindfulness, and focus--all the things, by the way, that you apply to your job, your kids, and your relationships.



Posted by linda at April 5, 2005 10:12 PM

blog comments powered by Disqus

Google
  Web massage.largeheartedboy.com